Chili Bean Nacho Skillet
"I drive the kids to lots of activities, so this is one recipe I keep close at hand," writes Laurie Hobart of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. "Served with salad, it's a wholesome meal in no time."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, corn,
- sugar, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; remove from the heat. Cover; let stand for 5
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with lean ground beef and 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheese; calculated without chips) equals 278 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,040 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber,