Chili-Apricot Pork Chops
With a slightly spicy-sweet glaze created with just four ingredients, these chops are not only tasty, they’re super-easy, too. —Lily K. Julow, Gainesville, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, chili sauce, mustard and
- water. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Spoon glaze over
- both sides of pork.
- Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop equals 271 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.