Chili 'n' Cheese Enchiladas
I combined two of my family's favorite flavors to invent this dishand ever since, I've gotten more requests for it than I can remember!Kim Prorok, North Fort Myers, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef and 1/2 cup onion over medium
- heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili
- seasoning, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili beans and water.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 cups cheese and remaining onion. Divide cheese
- mixture evenly on the tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and arrange,
- seam side down, on top of the chili mixture. Top with picante sauce
- and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6