I learned how to make this recipe when I was attending high school in California. It's been a family favorite for years.Joy Frost, Wood River, Illinois
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (20 ounces) tortilla or corn chips
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, chili powder, salt
- and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or
- until thickened. Arrange chips on a platter; top with meat mixture
- and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 465 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.