- In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks
- form; fold into batter. Toss cherries, pecans and candied fruit with
- remaining flour; fold into batter. Pour into an ungreased 10-in.
- tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until top springs back when
- lightly touched. Immediately invert the pan; cool completely.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove cake from
- pan and place on a serving plate.
- For whipped cream, in a small bowl, beat the cream, sugar, vanilla
- and cinnamon until soft peaks form. Serve with cake. Yield: 12
- servings (2 cups whipped cream).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 463 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.