Chickie Cheese Sandwiches
Folks are sure to crack a smile when they see these irresistible open-faced sandwiches. Two kinds of cheese and a few olive pieces create the cheery chick that sits atop each ham slice.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 slices bread
- 4 to 8 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices fully cooked ham
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 pitted ripe olives
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with
- mustard; top with ham. Using a 3-1/2-in. egg-shaped cutter, cut
- mozzarella cheese into egg shapes (discard trimmings or save for
- another use). Using a sharp knife, cut zigzags in the middle of each
- egg shape. Place on ham, leaving 1 in. of space between the two
- For each chick, sprinkle cheddar cheese between the two egg pieces.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is
- melted. Cut olives into eight triangles for beaks and 16 small
- pieces for eyes. Arrange on chicks. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.