Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Served on a bed of rice, this saucy chicken skillet from Karen Holland of Winnipeg, Manitoba, will quickly become one of your favorites.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a
- large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and ginger in oil for 5
- minutes. Add peanut butter mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear,
- stirring frequently.
- Serve with rice; sprinkle with green onions if desired. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 442 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 562 mg sodium,