Chicken with Onions and Figs
Friends and family can't get enough of tender chicken thighs in a sweet onion and fig sauce. When prepared this way, the meat turns out moist every time.Helen Conwell, Fairhope, Alabama
8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 large red onions, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the
- figs, honey, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick,
- stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Spoon
- onion mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350°
- for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Serve
- with pan juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 servings equals 503 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 45 g protein.