Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
It looks impressive, but this mouthwatering dish comes together in no time. I think its flavor rivals that of many full-fat entrees found in fancy restaurants.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large nonstick skillet,
- cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or
- until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in the sherry or broth, salt and pepper; bring to a
- boil. Stir cornstarch mixture, add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce equals 212 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium,