Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
"This is a fast but special treatment for chicken," shares Patsy Jenkins of Tallahassee, Florida. Chicken breasts are browned to juicy perfection, then topped with a buttery sauce of fresh mushrooms and green onions.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil. Cover and
- cook for about 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute
- mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in the wine, butter, salt
- and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to
- skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium,