Chicken with Herb Sauce
"My grandmother gave me the recipe for these moist golden chicken breasts topped with a tangy butter sauce made with chives, parsley and basil," says Irene Cooney of Manheim, Pennsylvania. "It's simple but very good- our family loves it."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper; flatten
- evenly with a mallet. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a
- large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil; brown
- chicken over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side or
- until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir broth, chives, parsley, lime juice, basil, mustard and remaining
- butter and oil into drippings; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium,