Chicken with Corn Bread Stuffing
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn bread stuffing, divided
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Finely crush 1/4 cup corn bread
- stuffing; place in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken with crumbs; set
- In a small skillet, saute apple and onions in oil until tender. Stir
- in celery seed and remaining corn bread stuffing. In a greased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, shape stuffing mixture into two oval
- mounds. Top each with a chicken breast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 405 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.