Chicken with Cheese Sauce
Dinner guests are always impressed when I serve this appetizing main dish. It's a delicious and pretty way to dress up plain chicken breasts.Joyce Breeding, Falkville, Alabama
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing, divided
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers), divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope white sauce mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Place in a resealable plastic
- bag; add 1/4 cup salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in remaining salad dressing. Add 1/2
- cup cracker crumbs, spinach and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes or until
- heated through. Remove from the heat.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Spoon about 1/2 cup spinach
- mixture on each chicken breast; roll up and overlap ends. Secure
- with a toothpick. Roll in remaining crumbs.
- Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at