Chicken with Berry Wine Sauce
We like to use Little Red Dress brand merlot in this chicken recipe to bring out the flavor of the berries. —Elizabeth Wright, Raleigh, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup merlot or red grape juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, raspberries, merlot
- and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled
- tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt and
- pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from
- the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°.
- Serve with berry sauce; garnish with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 251 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch,