- In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until crisp-tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the parsley, wine , lemon
- juice and lime juice. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Pour over
- skewers and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning
- every 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the remaining sauce
- ingredients; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; set
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare
- grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place skewers over drip
- pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in.
- from the heat for 7 to 8 minutes, turning often. Brush with 1/4 cup
- sauce during the last minute of grilling. Serve with remaining
- sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 kabobs with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.