Chicken and Rice Dinner
This is one of my husband's favorite dishesit's hearty, filling and tastes fantastic. The chicken bakes to a beautiful golden brown.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Coat chicken pieces with flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in
- oil on both sides. In a large bowl, combine the water, rice, milk,
- salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until
- rice and chicken are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6
TEST KITCHEN TIP Keep a package of frozen cubed cooked chicken on hand for those days when you're in a hurry to put together a casserole. Or use cans of boneless chuck chicken.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories,