Chicken and Potato Saute
I often depend on boneless skinless chicken breasts when I need to cook up dinner quickly. Simmering them in broth makes them moist and flavorful.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine or water
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on
- both sides. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dissolve bouillon in
- water and stir into flour mixture; pour over chicken. Cover and
- simmer for 20 minutes. Add potatoes and wine or water; heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.