Chicken and Apricot Saute
This is a popular dish in our home. It tastes good, and stir-frying food is a method of cooking I really enjoy. It's also a quick way to cook food, and, what's more, it's a healthy way to prepare it, too! I hope you'll try it.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves in natural juice, drained
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and pepper until smooth; set
- aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on high. Add chicken;
- stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add celery and garlic; stir-fry until the celery is crisp-tender,
- about 3 minutes. Stir in broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly
- until thick, about 1 minute. Add the apricots, peas and cooked
- chicken. Stir-fry until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: One serving without rice equals 204 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,