- Melt remaining butter. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work
- surface (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp
- towel to avoid drying out). Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread
- crumbs. Repeat layers five times.
- Spread about 3-1/3 cups of filling down the center of dough to within
- 1 in of edges. Fold short sides 1 in. over filling. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Brush with butter.
- Place seam side down in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- Make three more strudels with remaining phyllo, butter and filling.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4
- loaves (6 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 344 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.