Chicken Vegetable Soup
"I'm always looking for recipes that are low in fat but don't taste like it," notes Anna Overton of Lakewood, California. "Even my picky son likes this soup!"
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, 1-3/4 cups broth, Italian
- seasoning, garlic and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion
- and celery leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth;
- gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Yield: 4