Chicken Vegetable Potpie
I ACTUALLY created this recipe when I was a girl. Since then, I've found it's a good way to use up the second pastry when I make a one-crust pie.
When I tell my husband, "It's chicken potpie tonight," he lights up and thinks I've slaved in the kitchen all day!
-Marva Vandivier, Battle Ground, Washington
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- Place the carrots, potato, onion and celery in a large saucepan and
- cover with water. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or
- until tender. Drain. Stir in soup and chicken. Gently stir in peas.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. deep baking dish. Roll out pastry to
- fit top of dish; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut
- slits in pastry.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until crust is golden and filling
- is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 903 calories, 42 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,702 mg sodium, 96 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 33 g protein.