Chicken Tortilla Soup
A few additions to canned cream of chicken soup provide the comforting flavor found in Carolyn Griffin's mock chicken dumpling soup. "The chunks of chicken are nice and tender," notes the Macon, Georgia cook. "And you can't tell that the dumplings are actually tortilla strips."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, bring the soup and water to a boil. Stir in
- chicken and tortilla strips; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook,
- uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with
- parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 149 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.