Chicken Tortilla Bake
Mother frequently made this comforting casserole when I was growing up. Our family would scrape the pan clean. Chicken, cheese and zippy green chilies are a mouthwatering mix.Jerri Moror, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, broth, soups and
- onion; set aside. Layer half of the tortillas in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish, cutting to fit pan if desired. Top with half of
- the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 359 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,007 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.