Chicken Tortellini Soup
This recipe puts a different spin on traditional chicken noodle soup. I like to use cheese tortellini instead of plain noodles for a pleasant and filling change of pace. This easy creation has become a family favorite that I can count on often. —Jean Atherly, Red Lodge, Montana
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil; add chicken.
- Reduce heat; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until
- chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8
- servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 170 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.