Chicken Taco Fettuccine
Carey Judy of Paris, Tennessee notes regretfully there are never any leftovers when she serves this creamy noodle entree, which she adapted from a cookbook. “Even the pickiest eaters love it,” she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, cook the chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes over medium
- heat or until heated through Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Whisk in cream and taco seasoning until blended. Cook and stir until
- heated through (do not boil). Stir in cheese. Drain fettuccine; toss
- with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 349 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.