Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles
This nutritious meal is fast-fixing, filling and full of flavor and vitamins. Enjoy! —BEVERLY NORRIS, EVANSTON, WYOMING
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 head bok choy (16 ounces)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, cut off and discard root end of bok choy. Cut leaves from
- stalks; coarsely chop and set aside. Cut stalks into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until
- no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the bok choy stalks, celery, peppers and onion in remaining
- oil for 4 minutes. Add bok choy leaves; stir-fry 2-4 minutes longer
- or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in teriyaki sauce. Add
- chicken and spaghetti; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 434 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium,