Chicken Salad on a Tortilla
I started to fix fajitas for our supper one evening and ended up turning it into a salad instead. My husband was impressed with the concoction. Whenever I serve it for a quick lunch to unexpected company, they often request the recipe.
-Shirley Banks, Westfield, Iowa
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 4 to 6 thin slices red onion
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken until no longer
- pink. To assemble, place tortillas on serving plates. Spread with
- mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, chicken, tomato, onion, carrot and
- cheese. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 595 calories, 36 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.