Chicken Salad Clubs
"Mondays have always been soup and sandwich night at our house," writes Sarah Smith from her home in Edgewood, Kentucky. "One evening, I embellished a regular chicken salad sandwich with some not-so-usual ingredients, like rye bread and honey-mustard dressing. The results were delicious."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 Wright® Brand Bacon strips
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 pound prepared chicken salad
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/3 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels to drain. Place lettuce on four slices of bread;
- layer each with chicken salad, two bacon strips, one cheese slice
- and two tomato slices. Spread salad dressing on one side of
- remaining bread; place over tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 696 calories, 45 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,489 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.