Chicken Salad Bake
This amazing twist on the classic chicken salad is sure to impress guests. And at around 300 calories per serving, this main dish is one you can have seconds of without feeling one bit of guilt. Darla Germaux - Saxton, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine Miracle
- Whip Light, garlic powder and pepper; stir into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Top
- with cheese. Bake 7-10 minutes longer or until heated through and
- top is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 311 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium,