“Chicken Provolone, though one of my simplest dishes, is also one of my husband’s favorites,” says Dawn Bryant of Thedford, Nebraska. “It’s easy to prepare and looks fancy served on a dark plate with a garnish of fresh parsley or basil.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with
- butter-flavored cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; top with the basil, prosciutto
- and cheese. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until
- cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 236 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or