A creamy homemade sauce seasoned with basil and garlic coats this terrific combination of leftover chicken, pepper strips and pasta. "I love to make this dish...it's fast and easy," reports Lisa Dato of Franklin Park, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, onions and
- garlic in butter. Add the cream, basil, chicken and salt; cook and
- stir until slightly thickened. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 602 calories, 57 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 230 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.