- Unroll a pastry sheet into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even
- with rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining pastry; place over
- filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15
- minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 potpies (8 servings each).
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°. Place pies on baking sheets; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 70-80 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 475 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 768 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.