Spaghetti sauce mix is the secret to the flavorful breading in this entree from Trisha Lange. The Appleton, Wisconsin cook, tops juicy chicken breasts with prepared sauce and mozzarella cheese.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned or dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Dip chicken in
- salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Drizzle with spaghetti sauces and sprinkle with
- mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with plain bread crumbs, fat-free salad dressing and part-skim mozzarella) equals 272 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,128 mg sodium, 20 carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.