- In the same skillet, cook and stir onion in 1 tablespoon butter over
- medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer. Add the cherries, vinegar, wine and remaining stock,
- stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook
- until liquid is reduced by half and cherries are plump, about 6
- minutes. Stir in mustard.
- Fluff rice; stir in parsley and remaining butter; serve with chicken
- and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast with 1 cup rice and 1/4 cup sauce equals 643 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.