I like to make these golden chicken nuggets because they're so quick and easy and the whole family loves them. The seasoning can also be used on chicken breast halves to make great sandwiches.
-Annette Ellyson, Carolina, West Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first six ingredients. Flatten
- chicken to 1/2-in. thickness, then cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Add
- chicken, a few pieces at a time, to bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches for 6-8 minutes or
- until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked chicken equals 212 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.