Chicken Nugget Caesar Salad
"I was getting ready to prepare a Caesar salad with chicken strips when I discovered I didn't have enough chicken breasts in the freezer," explains the Lake Zurich, Illinois cook. "So, I substituted frozen chicken nuggets.
"My family was delighted with the results, "Martha notes. "So I substituted frozen chicken nuggets.
"My family was delighted with the results," Martha notes. "In fact, m
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 to 10 frozen breaded chicken breast nuggets
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions; cut into
- fourths. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, mushrooms and
- chicken. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- croutons and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 225 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.