Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
A frozen pasta-vegetable blend and ramen noodles make Lois McAtee's specialty a cinch to toss together. "This filling meal is so easy to fix that teenagers can make it themselves," she writes from Oceanside, California.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken in oil. Add water and
- garlic; bring to a boil. Add the noodles and contents of seasoning
- packets, vegetables, red pepper and soy sauce. Cover and simmer for
- 7-9 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer