Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine
I depend on this recipe when I get home late from work and my hungry family wants something delicious for dinner. It's quick, too, because it uses canned chicken and fresh mushrooms that I buy pre-sliced.
6 ServingsPrep/Total/Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes
- or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken and milk; cook for 5-7
- minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; add to skillet.
- Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 465 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.