When my nephews were younger, I would make their favorite meal for their birthdays...this is what they usually requested. The cheese makes it easier for kids to eat their vegetables.Janet Lorton, Effingham, Illinois
9-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 18 slices process American cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large
- saucepan, combine soup and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until
- blended. Remove from the heat; stir in vegetables and chicken.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer three noodles, a third
- of the soup mixture and six cheese slices. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 9-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 261 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.