Chicken Finger Tacos for Two
“Using chicken fingers in this recipe makes for the perfect size taco and also cuts down on prep time,” writes Kathy Williams of Layton, Utah. “I like to pair it with Spanish rice and refried beans for a complete meal for two!”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the
- bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in
- bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on tortillas
- with cheese and optional ingredients if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tacos (prepared with reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese; calculated without optional ingredients) equals 403 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.