Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
“This is very creamy and tasty. You'll be surprised it's so low-fat.” A filling dish that's also good for you, this recipe mixes tender chunks of chicken with peas, noodles and a smooth sauce.
—LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, salt and cayenne in butter
- until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add the half-and-half, peas and cheese. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain fettuccine;
- toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 425 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.