Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Veggies
"I especially like to use frozen California-blend veggies when making this dish. If you prefer, you can substitute fresh garden vegetables, but it will add a little time. Simply start them in boiling water before adding the pasta. Then add the pasta during the last 3 minutes of cooking the veggies. This makes an easy, colorful and delicious entree!"
Talena Keeler - Siloam Springs, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips
- 1-1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Add
- fettuccine and vegetables; return to a boil. Cook on high for 2-3
- minutes or until tender; drain. Stir in chicken and Alfredo sauce;
- heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 523 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,053 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.