- minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in chicken
- broth, cream and reserved liquid. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
- cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Combine 1 cup of the cheese sauce
- and chicken; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Dip tortillas, one at a time, in hot
- oil just until limp, about 5 seconds on each side. Place on paper
- towels to drain. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center
- of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onion. Roll up
- and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce evenly over tortillas. Cover and bake at
- 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 3-4 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining green onions. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: Two enchiladas equals 706 calories, 48 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 1,289 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.