Chicken Egg Drop Soup
Who wants takeout when it tastes better homemade? This quick and easy soup is ideal for chilly days. You'll love the addition of tender chicken.
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 slice peeled fresh gingerroot (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, ginger and garlic; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove and
- discard ginger and garlic.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add
- chicken; heat through. Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot
- broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in onion.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 178 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 243 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.