Chicken Dressing Casserole
This hearty bake is perfect after picking pumpkins or watching a football game in the crisp autumn air. Topped with buttery bread crumbs, the piping-hot combination of chicken, mixed vegetables and stuffing makes it a great one-dish wonder.
-Angela Oelschlaeger, Tonganoxie, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the broth and soups; set aside. In a 2-qt. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the stuffing mix, 1
- cup chicken, 3/4 cup mixed vegetables and half of the soup mixture.
- Repeat layers.(Dish will be full.)
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for 15
- minutes. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated
- through and topping is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 303 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium,