Chicken Creole Deviled Eggs
Scrambling for a quick-and-easy recipe to use up some of those hard-cooked Easter eggs? Just add a little diced chicken and these zippy deviled-egg snacks from our Test Kitchen are almost a lunch in themselves!
NO CREOLE seasoning or honey mustard? The following spices can be substituted for the Creole seasoning: ¼ teaspoon each paprika and garlic powder, and a pinch each of cayenne pepper, dried
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash the yolks. Stir in the chicken, mayonnaise, onion,
- honey mustard, ground mustard, Creole seasoning and hot pepper
- sauce. Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 187 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 227 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.