Chicken Cordon Bleu
For Christmas dinner or any special occasion, these attractive chicken rolls are my favorite entree. A ham and Swiss cheese filling dresses them up, and everyone enjoys the golden brown, crispy coating.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each with a slice of ham
- and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl,
- combine cornflakes and seasonings. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then
- roll in crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes
- or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8