This is the perfect chicken dish to serve to company. It has such a wonderful flavor and will impress all of your guests.Naomi Judd, Nashville, Tennessee
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked saffron rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting the butter.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides
- in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- Whisk the soup, celery flakes and thyme into the drippings until
- smooth. Add rice; mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2/3 cup rice equals 332 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 826 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as