“This is wonderful served over tortilla chips or with corn bread as a side.” Packed with chicken (or turkey) and veggies, this chunky chowder makes a nutritious meal.
Heather Hamilton - Bunker Hill, WV
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, soups and milk. Stir in the
- tomatoes, chicken, Mexicorn, onion and chilies. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until onion is
- tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 293 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,287 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.