- long pink. Return vegetables to skillet.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add
- the bean sprouts, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until heated through. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups chop suey, calculated without rice) equals 308 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer